“There is no more beautiful state than Arkansas.”—Mary Steenburgen
Arkansas gets a bad rep for being backwards and redneck. But it is so much more that. Its called the Natural State for a reason. From its mountains to its lake. You can be in the city one minute and the next climbing a mountain.
Who am I?
I am Heather and I love my state.
I was born in Arkansas as a military brat. My dad served in the United States Air Force and was stationed in Little Rock, where he met and married my mom. From Arkansas, we moved to South Dakota and When my dad retired, we moved back to Arkansas. Nothing really exciting ever happened to me. I was normal teenager. I liked the Backstreet Boys and NSYNC, ABC’s TGIF, and hanging out with friends.
But I don’t think my love for traveling really started until after I graduated high school. I got to spend two weeks in Europe from Ireland to France. I loved every minute of it and couldn’t wait to do more.
Traveling Arkansas has been a wonderful experience. I have really gotten to see more of it through the Civil War Passport my family has been working on for the last four years and being with my wonderful husband, Jacob.
More things to know
The Important Stuff
- I have a degree in journalism with an emphasis with photojournalism, which I hope to some day use.
- I work for the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette.
- I am happily married to my high school boyfriend and his name is Jacob.
- I have a dog named Benton.
Random Information about me
- I collect Barbies.
- I love all things Doctor Who, Harry Potter, and Firefly.
- I hate trying new foods but my husband makes me and some haven’t turned out half bad.
- I love all things historical so most of my trips will have some history to them.
- I can’t truly say I hate anything.
- I have a standing drinking date with my dad.
- My favorite color is pink
- My favorite food is pizza and no I could not eat every day. I tried that in college. It worked for the first year.
- I like climbing behind waterfalls.
- I have a very large fear of the cold.
- I also hate doctors.
Want to get in contact with me. Here is how.